Saturday 28 February 2015

PHYSICIANS FORMULA Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Makeup Kit (Nude Eyes)

 PHYSICIANS FORMULA Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Makeup Kit (Nude Eyes)

I recently visited www.drugtore.com & purchased this kit on the website. This kit originally cost US$ 15.44. I bought this while it is on sale for 40% (US$ 9.26). Altogether with the shipping fees, it cost me around RM 100 (the shipping fee to Malaysia is triple more EXPENSIVE than the actual product!!). That's the reason why I always wait till the cosmetics have at least 40% or more discount. Otherwise, it is really really not worth to buy any product overseas.


Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner Palette (Nude)



 The original price for this eyeshadow palette is US$ 11.99. On the drugstore.com website, it's currently on sale for US$ 7.19. Obviously, the shadows are all shimmery but in a good way. The texture on these shadows are unique. There aren't powdery, not too shimmery as some shadows are, a boot buttery feels and I think the formula has that ability to adhere on the eyelids better than most shimmery shadows out there.
I used these shadows without an eyeshadow primer, they still have a decent good pigmentation & lasting power.

Overall, I enjoy this palette but if you wonder whether I will re-purchase it, no I won't.





Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Mascara Duo (Glam Green Eyes)

Em, I have good experience with this mascara too. Mainly, it's because of the duo ended product that I get. This mascara isn't bad but also not the best I ever tried. I enjoy the black mascara as it is build able. Just like the company claims, it lengthen & volume up the eyelashes! It is no clumpy nor flaky... I notice that it smudges throughout the day when I have heavy sweat. However, the smudge looks like a "smoky eyes" rather than an obvious patches of "mascara stains". I heard some youtubers say that it doesn't smudges on them. Well, maybe just because of the weather here, Malaysia is hot! (an average temperature: 32ºC)

The pewter brown mascara is a unique one for me. I have never encounter a mascara colour like this before. I have tried this on my eyelashes, well it's not bad too. But it doesn't enhancing my eyes~ I like this much more better on my eyebrows...

Price: US$ 10.95 (On sale at drugstore.com: US$ 6.57)





Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio (Nude Eyes)



     

First of all, I have no idea why there is no name for these eyeliner.. But it is obviously black in colour.   Maybe these eyeliner suppose come together in a set of trio. However, I only got 2 out of 3. I have to say I like these~ They are so smooth, almost gel-like but they are not as pigmented as the Urban Decay's. This pewter brown shade eyeliner reminds me of the Urban Decay's Glide-On Eye Pencil (Mushroom). However, Mushroom is a bit darker and greyish. I found myself reaching for Physicians Formula more just because of it is more yellow in it. 

The original price of these eyeliner: US$ 11.95 (trio set)
On sale for US$ 7.17 now at drugstore.com












3 comments:

  1. Do you use any MAC? What do you like most from MAC? I would like a MAC matte lipstick recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did tried few stuffs from MAC... but none for any matte lipstick. However, I do really enjoy the amplified lipstick! The texture of the amplified lipstick is so~ unique. So far, I have not found any other brand near to that kind of goodness texture.. I would recommend you to try that too. It's difficult to describe, it is near matte, but not. Got some shine, but it is not glossy. Does not emphasise lip lines nor chapped lips.. not sticky & it is quite long lasting..

      I bought the MAC pigments most... not the full size because I will never ever will finish it up. Every year (Christmas), MAC will launch the holiday pigments collection.

      Another products that I bought the most is the Makeup Brush Cleanser. I used up pretty fast. However, it's the best quality yet affordable.

      FYI, if you return 6 of the "full size" empty cases/bottles (any MAC product) you will be able to exchange a brand new lipstick.

      Delete
  2. Thank you darling! That was such a comprehensive reply! I do know about the 6 lipstick exchange for one full one by MAC. I believe the program is called "Back to MAC".

    ReplyDelete