Wednesday 10 December 2014

Love & Beauty by Forever 21: The Night Eyeshadow Palette

The Night Eyeshadow Palette
Love & Beauty by Forever 21

This is my first time using Forever 21 brand cosmetics. I bought this through official website recently.   The price is US$6.90. However, I paid more to get this product to Malaysia through Myus.com because the website does not have international shipping. This product probably cost me US$12 (including shipping)


Without Eyeshadow Base





With Eyeshadow Base



The shade No. 3 (Dark Brown) and No. 4 (Purple) stained my skin





Okay, let's talk about the quality of the eyeshadows. All shadows are acceptable smooth to touch. There are 3 matte shades (No. 1, 3, 4) in this palette. Surprisingly, all matte shades are quite pigmented reflecting on the price I paid:

No. 1: By close-up looking on the pan, I only see that it is a light nude colour. However, when applied on the skin,  a very light pink duo-chrome is observed. Kind of unique colour~ 

No. 3: This is a dark brown with red undertone. 

No. 4: It is a vibrant purple. 





There are 3 silver glitters shades (No. 2, 5):

No. 2: This is a shimmery-based soft pink. Among all shades, this is the most powdery. It does not adhere well on the skin by its own.

No. 5: This shade impressed me! It is a matte-based black and it is the most pigmented shade in this palette. You know, it is difficult to find an eyeshadow palette which included good black shade.. However, the glitters do not adhere on the skin.

No. 10: This is a shimmery-based, blue with purple black undertone.



The rest 4 shades are shimmery-textured (No. 6, 7, 8, 9, 10). I am quite confused here. Mostly, shimmery shades have good pigmentation. In contrary, this palette has the poorest pigmentation. Although the pigmentation is poor, I still adore all shades because the colours look special to me.

No. 6: I would say it is a nude beige with gold sheen. 

No. 7: It is a mid-tone copper with red-undertone.

No. 8: This is also one of the interesting colours. It is a light icy blue with some hint of silver.

No. 9: This is an antique gold shade. This is the most stiff shade, it is really hard to get the colour out from the pan!




Overall, I enjoy to have this palette. With this price compare to the quality I get, I think it is not bad at all~









No comments:

Post a Comment